Perfect. How often do we hear that word? Or that we strive to attain perfection? It’s definition is absolute; complete, faultless, flawless. It’s ridiculous the bar of perfection we hold ourselves to or that we allow the world to influence in our lives. It all honesty it’s quite draining, stressful and unattainable. Media and entertainment does a great job influencing our lives and the lives of our children on how we should look, dress and act. Advertising slogans and blips entice you to their products claiming to have “the perfect body, the perfect hair, the perfect lips, the perfect nails.” If you’re like me then you’re instantly skeptical. It’s all a ruse to entice you to buy their products.
I know, this is rich coming for an independent Color Street Stylist. What’s my M.O. in this post? Sometimes I just get so sick of all the lies and hidden agendas out there – anyone else feel the same way? If you’re like me then you want to know the honest truth about a product, and when someone says “you’ll have the perfect nails” I am extremely hesitant. Sorry. Not buying it. This is the low-down on Color Street. The product is a base coat, color and top coat that comes in an easy strip application. There’s no drying time required … but there is a setting time. Meaning that the polish will not smudge or transfer anywhere but it is still pliable for a while and requires time to fully set. So you still have to be a little careful after applying them. As in don’t go washing your hands or using lotion or rock climbing right after applying. Give yourself an hour or so for them to fully set. I like that it doesn’t require any tools to put them on, and honestly, I can put them on in under 10 minutes – which I think it pretty amazing.
- If you accidentally tear them when applying or rip the tips you can’t just touch them up like you would with traditional nail polish
- the tips will wear – the product doesn’t remain perfect the entirety of wearing the product
- there have been times where the nails polish cracks throughout the product after a few days of wear. (but when this happens, I contact customer service with a picture of it on my nails and they send me a replacement set)
I’m wearing Color Street Slope Party in the following pictures. I’ve had them on for 16 days. You can see the wear on the tips of my nails.
- There’s no drying time
- My nail polish doesn’t smear
- I don’t have to worry about doing the dry test of touching the nail to see if it’s dry only to leave a finger print – because it’s already dry
- It takes me less than 10 minutes to do a full manicure with a basecoat, color and top coat. (I could never do that with the bottled stuff!)
- Color Street holds up better than the bottled polish! If I was wearing nail polish from a bottle it would be chipped almost completely of my nail in a day or two – tops
- I can do fun designs!
- It’s affordable – since I can get 2 – 3 manicures or pedicures out of one package it’s a great deal
- I get compliments wherever I go which makes me feel pretty
So yes, there are cons with the product. But there are cons with any product. To me the pros of the product far outweigh the cons. I know for me, being a busy mom, I don’t have time to do my nails with a bottle of nail polish. And I don’t have to money to go to the salon to get my nails done all the time nor do I want the acrylic nails because of the damage I’ve seen them do to other peoples nails.
Perfect also has another defintion: having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be. Well, Color Street may not be flawlessly perfect. But it is the perfect way for me to do my nails and I wont be using anything else when I want to have my nails “painted.” I love the designs, I love the ease of putting them on and taking them off.
So that’s my confession as an Independent Color Street Stylist. It’s not a flawless product but it’s the best one out there in my opinion for what it does. Check out their products for yourself by clicking here.
Want to test it out? Click on this link to request a free sample.